Privacy Notice of Amazon
Amazon privacy notice
Last updated on September 25, 2012.
Personal information managers
Amazon.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States are part of the Safe Harbor program developed by the United States Department of Commerce and the European Union. These Amazon group companies have certified its adherence to the principles of privacy of the Safe Harbour programme, agreed by the European Union and United States. If you want more information about the Safe Harbor program and check the certificate of the societies of the Group Amazon, visit the website of the Safe Harbour of the Department of Commerce`s United States program. If you have a direct query to Amazon about the Safe Harbor program, please to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
What personal data of its clients is collected by Amazon?
The personal information that we collect from our customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping at Amazon. In general, we use the information to manage orders, deliver products and provide services, process payments, get in touch with you regarding orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records, perform maintenance on your account at Amazon, show content such as lists of desires and opinions of customers and to recommend products and services that may be of interest. We also use this information to improve our store and our platform, as well as to prevent or detect fraud or abuse on our web site, and to enable third parties to carry out support technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
These are the types of information we collect:
- Information that you provide to us: we receive and store the information that you enter on our website or to provide us in any other way. Click here to see some examples of information that we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but if you do, do not enjoy many of the features that we offer. The information you provide us is us useful to respond to your requests, customize future shopping go to perform, improving our stores and get in touch with you.
- Mobile: When you download or use applications (apps) created by Amazon or its affiliates and requests or consents for location services, where appropriate, we can receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for the same. We may use such information to provide you services based on your location as, for example, search results and other custom content. Most mobile devices allow you to disable location services. Click here for more information on how to do this.
- Email communications: to help us make emails that we send more useful and interesting, often receive a confirmation when you open an email that has sent him Amazon, in the event that your computer supports this type of tasks. In addition, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compared our lists of customers that we receive from other companies. If you don`t want to receive further e-mails nor notifications of Amazon, please to adjust your e-mail subscriptions and notification preferences by logging into my account.
- Information collected from other sources: it is possible that we receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see some examples of the information we receive.
Information about Cookies
Does Amazon share the information collected?
Information relating to our customers is an essential part of our business and we are not involved in the business of selling it to third parties. Amazon shares its customer information only as described below, with Amazon.com, Inc. and subsidiaries controlled by Amazon.com, Inc., which either are subject to this privacy notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this privacy notice.
- Affiliated companies that are not under our control: we work closely with affiliated companies. In some cases, as in the Marketplace sellers, these companies operate their own stores on the web site of Amazon, or offer their products to the customer through Amazon. In other cases, is Amazon who runs the stores, offers services, or sell product lines jointly or on behalf of these companies. Click here to see some examples of joint or made offerings under the same brand. The customer will always know when a third party is involved in your transactions. Amazon share with such third party the personal data of the customer required for the transaction.
- Third party service providers: hire other companies and persons to perform certain functions on our behalf. Functions performed may include: execute orders, send packages, send postal and electronic mail, removing repeated information from the lists of customers, analysis of data, offer marketing support, offer search results and links (including links and listings of payment), process credit card payments and providing customer service. You will have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. In addition, they should treat personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and the applicable legislation on data protection.
- Promotional offers: sometimes we send offers on behalf of other companies to some selected customers of Amazon. In these cases, we will not provide your name or your address to these companies. If you don`t want to receive such offers, please adjust your e-mail subscriptions and notification preferences by logging into my account.
- Transmissions of societies: as we develop our business, we can buy or sell stores, subsidiaries and business units. In such transactions, one of the assets of the transferred companies tends to be the personal information of customers; However, such information will be in any case subject to commitments in pre-existing privacy notices (unless, obviously, customer authorizes it otherwise). Of course, in the unlikely event that Amazon or most of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information of customers would be one of the transferred assets.
- With your consent: apart from the above, we will inform you in the event that any information about you is put in knowledge of third parties, in order to have the opportunity to decide that you do not share your information.
Is my personal information safe?
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information that you enter.
- To confirm an order only, we reveal the last four digits of your credit card numbers. As it is evident, the complete credit card number we transmit to the entity`s credit cards appropriate for the processing of the order.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural security systems in relation to the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information of the customer. Our security procedures mean that sometimes we can request proof of identity before providing confidential information.
- It is important to protect against unauthorized third-party access to your password and to your computer. Check that it closes its session at the end of whenever you are using a shared computer. Click here for more information about how to close your session.
Information about third-party advertisers and links to other web pages
Our website may include advertising for third parties and access to other web pages. For more information about third party at Amazon advertising, including ads custom or based on your interests, please read our Cookies and online advertising policy.
Do I have access to that information?
Amazon gives you access to a wealth of information about your account and its operations in Amazon so that you can view and, in some cases, update, such information. Click here to see some examples. This list may change as our website develops.
What options do I have?
- As you have above you, you always has the possibility of choosing not to provide information, while it may be necessary to make a purchase or use some of the functions such as my account, wish list, customer reviews and Amazon Premium.
- You can add or update certain data on pages like the section on what information I have access to. Normally, each time that you updated your data, save a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you don1t want us to send you electronic or postal mail please adjust your e-mail subscriptions and notification preferences by logging into my account. (If you do not want to receive conditions of use and sale and other legal notices, like for example the present privacy notice, which will govern the use of Amazon and orders you make on Amazon, will be your responsibility be aware of changes that are included in them).
- If you don`t want that we use your personal information to allow third parties to you to personalize the ads we show you on our website, we kindly ask that you set your e-mail subscriptions and notification preferences.
- Based on the majority of browsers support shown configuring your browser to not accept cookies, so notify you whenever you receive a new cookie, or to disable all cookies. In addition, you can disable or delete similar data used by extensions (add-on) browser, such as Flash Cookies, by changing the settings of the extensions or by visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, we recommend to leave enabled cookies given the possibility that offered take advantage of many of the essential functions of Amazon. For example, refuse or block our cookies, you may not add items to your basket, access the complete order or use any of the products or services of Amazon that require that you log.
Is the use of Amazon permitted for minors?
Minors are not allowed to buy products at Amazon. Products for children that we sell must be purchased by adults. Children under 18 may only use Amazon under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Notices and revisions
If you have any concerns regarding the privacy of Amazon, please us send an email detailing your inquiry and we will try to resolve it. You have the right to access, update and cancel your data, as well as oppose to its treatment. You can exercise these rights by sending us an email. Due to the continuous evolution of our business, this privacy notice and the conditions of use and sale may also be modified. We can send you periodically reminders of our notices and conditions via email, unless you have selected to not do so. However, we recommend that you visit our web site frequently to see the latest changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current privacy notice shall apply for all the information that we treat you and your account. Anyway, we are true to our word and in no event will substantially modify our policies or practices to make them less effective in the protection of the personal data of our customers collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of information collected
Information you provide: you provide us most of the information when you search, shopping, to hang a review, by participating in a contest or sweepstakes or to get in contact with our customer service. For example, us is providing information in the following cases: when you are looking for a product, place an order through Amazon or one of our vendors, enter information in your account (can have more than one account, if you have used more than one e-mail address on your purchases) or in your profile; When he gets in touch with us by phone, by email or through other means, when you fill out a questionnaire or form of participation in a draw, when it makes use of our services, create wishlists or records of gifts; When participating in discussion forums or other community services; or published and evaluates user, specify reminders of special occasions, and uses alerts of availability of our products such as purchase availability notifications. To perform the preceding actions, is giving us information such as: your name, address and phone number, details of your credit card, people who sent have the items purchased (including postal addresses and phone numbers), names, phone numbers and postal address of persons included in the lists "1-click" settings, addresses email of your friends or other people— content of reviews and e-mails that sent us, personal description and photograph of your profile and your financial information.
The majority of mobile devices provide users the ability to disable location services. It is likely that this possibility is in the device settings menu. Click here for more information on some devices in particular. If you have questions about how to turn off your device localization services, we recommend you to be put in contact with your mobile operator or the manufacturer of your device.
Information collected from other sources: here are some examples of the information we collect from other sources: up-to-date postal and shipping information we collect from transportation or other third-party companies to correct our records and make the delivery of your next purchase more easily, information about your account, purchases and returns and about your visits to the website, collect from companies with which we develop joint activities under the same brand or that offer technical, advertising and logistics services among others: information on search terms and results of searches made through Internet search applications offered by our subsidiaries, Alexa Internet; links and search results, including listings of payment (such as the sponsored links); (e) information about the credit history from credit bureaus which we use to prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain customers of credit and financial services.
Offers under the same brand and joint offerings occasionally be able to offer products and services jointly or under the same brand with other societies.
Information which can be accessed: are examples of information to which it has access easily from Amazon: updated information on orders; personal information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising, address book preferences and "1-click" preferences); payment preferences (information about credit cards, gift vouchers, gift cards or checks balances gift); preferences of notices by email (including alerts of product availability, shipping, reminders of special occasions, and newsletters); Recommendations (including personal recommendations and improve your recommendations); shopping lists and records of gifts including baby and wedding registries and wish lists; Seller accounts; and your profile (including your reviews of products, recommendations, "Listmania" lists, reminders, personal profile).
This website has been translated with Bing Translator. Source.